Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Experienced Attorneys. Outstanding Results.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. English
  4.  » 
  5. Immigration Law
  6.  » Visas

U.S. Visa Lawyers Knowledgeable About Nonimmigrant And Immigrant Visas

Don’t go it alone on your next visa case or hearing. Our trained visa attorneys at Consumer Law Group can help you understand visa complexities and help secure your rights, whether you apply for an immigrant or nonimmigrant visa.

Visa laws can be difficult. There are two basic categories: immigrant visas, for those who are interested in staying in the United States permanently, and nonimmigrant visas, for those who are only in the country for a set time period, like attending college or an extended business trip.

Within each category, there are even more types of visas. There are visas for visitors from specific countries, visas for those who have a specific reason for being in the country (like visiting scholars or religious workers), and visas for those with family or spouses who reside in the United States. No matter what visa you hope to apply for or what visa situation you need to better understand, a Consumer Law Group visa lawyer can help you navigate your legal situation. Benefits of working with our team include the following:

  • Our lawyers are passionate about working with you step by step, so you never feel alone in your visa and immigration journey.
  • We can assist individuals seeking a visa in Chicago, in the surrounding areas and throughout the U.S.
  • To better serve our community, we offer legal services in English and Spanish. We are happy to provide our full legal services in whichever language you are most comfortable in.

Well-Versed In A Variety Of Immigrant Visas

Immigrant visas are helpful for those who wish to remain in the United States on a long-term basis, aspiring to become a citizen or permanent resident. Our knowledgeable team of immigration visa attorneys are here to help with whatever immigrant visa questions you have. We can assist with the following immigrant visas:

  • K-1
  • K-3
  • Family-based visas

We Know Nonimmigrant Visas

Nonimmigrant visas are intended for those who will stay in the United States only temporarily. Our nonimmigrant visa lawyers can help guide you through the process of securing a nonimmigrant visa.

What does a U.S. visa attorney do?

Visa attorneys are immigration lawyers. They help people handle issues related to green cards, visas, immigration paperwork, naturalization, deportation problems and just about anything else related to being a temporary resident or immigrant to the United States.

What cases do they handle?

Visa lawyers can help you understand and interpret the law as it applies to your own case. American immigration law is extremely complicated, and a piece of wrong information can mean the difference between successfully obtaining the right visa and ending up with a deportation case on your hands.

Our visa immigration attorneys can help you accurately and effectively fill out all the necessary paperwork to help you stay in the country for the time that you need to, whether that’s just while completing your graduate work or moving to the United States permanently.

Which visas does the team at Consumer Law Group handle?

Our lawyers are knowledgeable in a wide range of immigration law, with competence in many different visas and the requirements for processing them. Whether your specific case requires a K-1, K-3, family-based or other type of visa, our lawyers are ready and willing to help you.

What’s the difference between nonimmigrant and immigrant visas?

Nonimmigrant visas are intended for people who wish to stay in the United States for a set period of time, often to work or study. They can last anywhere from a couple of months to a few years, but ultimately, the visa holder will be required to either leave the country or apply for a green card to reside permanently.

Immigrant visas are intended for those who ultimately wish to move to the United States permanently, becoming either a permanent resident or a citizen. These are often issued to immigrants whose spouses, fiancé(e)s or family members are United States citizens or to foreign-born children adopted by U.S. citizen parents.

How do I know if I need a visa lawyer?

You may need a visa lawyer to assist you under conditions such as these:

  • You are unable to get a visa or green card.
  • You are uncertain which visa you might be eligible for.
  • You are notified by the authorities that you may be deported.
  • Your application for a visa, green card or citizenship has been denied.
  • The necessary documentation for your visa or green card is too difficult or confusing to confidently handle on your own.

Visa lawyers can handle a wide variety of cases, so no matter what visa-related issue you might need help with, it’s always a smart idea to give a Consumer Law Group visa attorney a call whenever you have questions.

Do all cases need a visa attorney?

No, if you are able to process all necessary paperwork on your own and everything is approved according to plan, then you will likely not need a visa lawyer to assist you. However, having an attorney by your side from start to finish can make the entire process much easier, as even the most seemingly straightforward cases may have hurdles to overcome.

How much does a visa lawyer cost?

Immigration and nonimmigration visa lawyer costs can vary significantly based on factors like these:

  • The nature of your visa issue
  • The time it will take to settle your problem
  • The type of visa or green card you’re applying for or working with
  • The lawyer or law firm that you work with

At Consumer Law Group, we strive to make our services affordable and client focused so that no matter how complicated your visa issue might be, you can feel assured in coming to us for help.

How do I find a good visa attorney?

You can find a good nonimmigration or immigration visa attorney by searching “visa attorney near me,” but proceed with caution and vet the firm carefully. You can also give us a call at Consumer Law Group. Our lawyers will walk you through what your case is likely to require, and you can decide whether working with us is best for your particular case. Our committed attorneys are happy to help you through each step of the process to ensure that your case gets the hearing and treatment it deserves.

When should I hire a visa attorney?

You should hire a visa attorney as soon as you think that something may be jeopardizing your ability to stay in the United States during the time you need to be here. Waiting too long could result in even worse legal complications, especially if you receive a notice of deportation.

If you suspect that there are problems with your visa application – or you just have questions about the process – then it’s a good idea to give us a call.

How long does the visa process take (nonimmigrant vs. immigrant)?

When applying for a nonimmigrant visa, it can take up to a few weeks or months to fill out, submit and process your application. If you’ve waited for a while and haven’t heard from the immigration authorities, it may be a good idea to consult with a visa attorney to find out whether anything has gone wrong with the application process.

Immigrant visas may take longer, from several months to up to a few years. Immigration officials process each application on a case-by-case basis, which means that it can be difficult to say exactly how long a given case will take. If you have concerns with your application, then be sure to speak with a visa attorney for help getting more information.

Can an immigrant visa be denied?

Yes, if you fail to satisfy certain conditions, your visa application may be denied. Luckily, you also have the opportunity to apply for a waiver and to reapply for a visa if you are initially unsuccessful. If your visa application has been denied and you need help staying in the country or applying for another visa, then it’s a good idea to work with a visa lawyer who can help you present the best case possible.

How long can I stay in the US on an immigrant visa (nonimmigrant vs. immigrant)?

The time you can stay in the U.S. with your approved visa depends on the kind of visa you have applied for. If you are a student, then it may only last as long as you’re in school. If you apply for an immigrant visa because you are planning to marry an American citizen, then you may be able to stay in the U.S. permanently.

At Consumer Law Group, our visa attorneys are happy to help you determine which visa is best for you, how long your visa permits you to stay in the United States and what steps you can take to try to ensure that you’re allowed to remain in the country as long as you need.

Contact Us For More Information On Both Immigrant And Nonimmigrant Visas

Reach out to our experienced immigration attorneys for help now by contacting us online or calling 312-766-7777.