CONTACT US TODAY
Or fill the form below:
By submitting your telephone number on this lead form, you hereby expressly agree and consent for Consumer Law Group, LLC / Los Guardianes Del Pueblo to contact you via telephone, via an autodialer system (including a power dialer, preview dialer and/or a predictive dialer), text message and/or email with information, offers and/or solicitations (“Opt-In”). This Opt-In applies to those persons on the Do Not Call Registry and your Opt-In supersedes any such registry. Approximately 10 text messages per month. Message and data rates may apply.
*Virtual Consultations Available
The road to becoming a citizen can be long and arduous, but you don’t have to face it alone. Our team of seasoned immigration law attorneys are passionate about protecting the rights of individuals who are seeking a legal pathway to live and work in the United States. Whether you need help with a visa application or obtaining your green card, our immigration lawyers are well-versed in policies, processes, and common obstacles faced by clients, making them capable of helping you achieve the most efficient resolution.
We also understand the importance of sensitivity when handling immigration issues and are passionate about supporting and advocating for you throughout your journey. With our team behind you, you can rest assured that we have your best interests in mind and will approach your case ethically and with our full attention.
- Our immigration law firm represents clients across the nation.
- Our bilingual team can provide services in both English and Spanish, so you can receive help in the language you are most comfortable communicating in.
- We remain current on immigration policies to ensure we can provide the most informed legal advice and educate you about your options.
National Immigration & Citizenship Legal Services
Our immigration attorneys can help you become a naturalized citizen by guiding you through applying for and obtaining a green card. Our highly trained team can also help you apply for immigration benefits, provide deportation defense, and assist you with adjustment of status, without you having to leave the United States.
Immigration lawyers provide legal advice and representation regarding immigration matters, such as intervening in deportations, helping individuals achieve U.S. citizenship, and applying for visas and green cards. Our immigration attorneys are well-versed in these matters and more to help you navigate the complex process or answer any additional questions you may have.
Legal fees are highly variable due to the many factors that go into determining an individual client’s costs. In general, the cost of an immigration lawyer will depend on the extent of assistance required and which type of services you need. However, factors such as location and experience can also impact a law firm’s pricing. Due to the many variables that can impact the fees for an immigration lawyer, how much it costs truly comes down to a case-by-case basis.
To determine how much it will cost for an immigration attorney’s help, you should get quotes from attorneys in your area for the specific services that are required to resolve your issue. While it may be difficult, it is important that cost is not your primary deciding factor because there is too much on the line to sacrifice quality legal services for a bargain.
At Consumer Law Group, we strive to make high-quality legal representation affordable for anyone with fair pricing. We also offer free immigration legal consultations, which we can host virtually if you are not in the Chicago area.
With a sensitive matter like those revolving around immigration, you want to find a lawyer that will be diligent about advocating for you. You also want to ensure they practice ethically and are going to keep your best interests front and center. However, that is easier said than done if you do not know what to look for.
When searching for an immigration attorney to represent you, you should consider several important factors, including:
- Their reputation: If an immigration lawyer has mostly poor reviews, they most likely have not met their clients’ expectations.
- Their experience: While years of experience is not everything, immigration lawyers who have been practicing longer will have in-depth knowledge of immigration processes and established legal strategies.
- Ability to communicate: Working with an immigration attorney requires a lot of back and forth, which is why it is important to find a lawyer who is consistent with communication, transparent, and is easy to talk to.
You want to avoid immigration firms that make promises that seem too good to be true or pursue your business aggressively, as they may not have your best interests at heart.
There are four general types of immigration statuses in the U.S. You are either categorized as a:
- U.S. citizen: Someone who was born in the United States or naturalizes.
- Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR): You have a green card, which means you are legally able to live and work in the U.S.
- Temporary visitor: You are temporarily able to live in the U.S. and have been granted a visa for a specific purpose and time period.
- Undocumented: If you do not fall into one of the above categories, you are considered undocumented and are not legally allowed to work or live in the U.S. Undocumented immigrants face the risk of deportation.
Our immigration law attorneys are dedicated to helping you achieve Lawful Permanent Resident status without having to leave the U.S.
While citizenship is by no means a simple process, it can be broken down into several generalized steps, including:
- Determine your eligibility for citizenship.
- Prepare to apply for citizenship.
- Apply for naturalization.
- Complete any required background checks, interviews, and tests.
- Take an oath of allegiance (if your application is accepted).
Depending on your personal circumstances, the path to citizenship may be fairly straightforward, or it may require thorough preparation. Either way, navigating immigration laws and procedures are rarely as simple as they appear on the surface. Having an immigration lawyer on your side will ensure the process is facilitated correctly and with as few barriers as possible.
If you have any other questions about the immigration process—like where you should live, whether you can work, or how to apply for a green card—our legal team is happy to help you understand how immigration laws apply to you and how to remain in compliance as you seek your visa or citizenship.
With a large team focusing on various practice areas, we are able to help clients with diverse needs. Consumer Law can assist you with: